Monday 23 August 2010

Thought I would share some naked chaps from life drawing at uni. These are a good few months old now but I'm still rather pleased with them (and that's saying something, being the raging art perfectionist/egomaniac that I am), if only because the experience of drawing the wobbly bits on nudes has been incredibly helpful in anatomy/form the usual gubbins.




All done in oil pastel on roughly A2 around.. march-ish time.

I really wish I had the chance to take life drawing classes sooner, my first year at uni being the first time I'd ever done it. Having a teacher on top of it all to push and poke me in the right direction was a massive help as well. 'Twas a nice gradual build-up over the months to the point where I could sit for a good few hours non-stop, concentrate on one picture and not feel the constant urge to wander off and put the kettle on.

2 comments:

  1. Super nice Daisy :D I really like the one at the top! They've all got some serious light and depth to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mood on the first one.
    The sadness of life...

    Baz

    ReplyDelete